Friday, September 7, 2012

Exploratorium!

I loved it!  If you live in the bay area and have not been yet, it is a must see.  What an amazing place! It was never on my radar because I always assumed that it would be more enjoyable to go with a family, but Google offered tickets for family night last evening, so we decided to attend.

We rushed out of work at 5:30 on-the-dot with the hope of arriving before 7pm.  Unfortunately, Bay Area Traffic had other ideas for us. As if conspiring against us, each route modification brought with it more traffic congestion. Honestly, it is like no traffic I have ever experienced. Of course, I've never driven in China or India, so I cannot compare, but it is U.S. crazy!    It took almost 2 hours to get from San Jose to San Francisco.  The event was from 6-9, and by the time we found parking it was 7:45PM !!!   ARRGGHH!!  Needless to say, I arrived in a cantankerous mood, questioning our judgement on driving all the way up to SF on a school night! Can you say party-pooper?? (Hey, I heard that!)

It took all of 15 minutes in the Exploratorium to eradicate my bad mood :-)  I can't say which part specifically transformed me: the fun experiential exhibits, the awe on the children's faces, or the huge grin my husband's face as he explained to me the science behind the exhibit :-)   In any event, it was a great time!

I highly recommend it if you have kids, and even more-so if you don't!

Write-on, Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment