Wednesday, September 5, 2012

50 Days Until 50!


Ok, so now it is really 48 days, but in my defense, I did start this on Monday :-)

Holy time travel, Batman!  I embarked on this blogging journey at the beginning of the year in the hopes of capturing events, thoughts, and emotions as I approached 50. Boy did the time fly, and with only 7 posts written, here we are... The BIG countdown.

Honestly, I'm not really traumatized by the number 50.  It is just another number, and the more we accumulate the better off we are, right?!?!

So, what has been going on this past year?  Well, life in general, but nothing specific. As one would expect, this year is much like any other. Get up, walk the dog, go to work, come home, make dinner, go to bed,  rinse, and repeat.  Why did they tell you to rinse and repeat, by the way? Wasn't the shampoo good enough to clean your hair the first time?


We've had some fun travel this year.  My niece, Alex, graduated from high school in June.  I am so proud of her!  So, Paul and I trekked back East to visit our friend, Ann, in Boston for a few days before attending the graduation and visiting family. Paul had never been to Boston, so it was a lot of fun showing him around.





Right on the heels of that trip, Paul and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary.  Go us!  We celebrated with a weekend in Napa and a hot air balloon ride. It has been a fantastic year, really.  We've started settling in to the old married couple routine and enjoying the everyday pleasures of life together.




Two weeks later, my niece came to visit us for her graduation gift!  I have never had to do so much running in a single week. Oh, to be young again. Lots of trips to San Francisco and the Santa Cruz area. Now she's back in New Hampshire studying to be a math teacher. Did I say I was so proud of her? :-)



In August, it was back on a plane to Pittsburgh for a conference. Paul had studied for his PhD there, so it was fun to share his favorite places with him.


And here we are, in September... October 23rd snapping at my heels.  What's a girl to do?? Go to Kauai, that's what!!  I really can't complain.

Write-on,
Faith




No comments:

Post a Comment